Autumnal Appetizer Recipe: Cheesy Pumpkin DipThe Diabetes Site
We love taking advantage of various seasonal ingredients and pumpkin is definitely one of our favorites! This cheesy pumpkin dip is a tasty snack that is perfect for entertaining or hanging out with the family on game night; it’s like the cool, older sibling to your run-of-the-mill cheese and crackers! You can make it on the stove or in a food processor (we prefer melting it down so it’s gooey and delicious), and with it you’ll never be at a loss for what to serve when you need a quick and fun dip recipe!
Cheesy Pumpkin Dip
Yields 1-1 1/2 cups
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, as needed
- crackers, for serving
- dried red pepper, minced, optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt and blend together your cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in pumpkin puree and mix well. Add in cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour into heatproof serving bowl and garnish with peppers. Serve with crackers.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven